Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dancing Ladybugs

A really cool thing happened yesterday and I just have to share.

I was going through our digital camera and came across a cute video of Joaquin playing with his new Dancing Ladybug music box and I was watching and listening to it on the camera with Diego and Mateo on our couch. Joaquin was at my feet and seemed to be listening too. Then, he went crawling off with a purpose and crawled half way across the living room floor and around to the fireplace where we keep a lot of his toys. The Dancing Ladybug music box is one of many toys stored there and Joaquin went directly to it and started to play with it. It was AWESOME! He completely understood what he was listening to on the camera and decided that he wanted to play with it after hearing it.

Isn't that cool?

Here is the video we were watching...



There is a very sweet story about the Dancing Ladybug music box. A few weeks ago we were visiting with our dear friends Natasha and Stephan in San Francisco and they have a beautiful daughter named Avila. We had the pleasure of hanging out and playing with the kids and Joaquin discovered Avila's music box. Natasha wound it up for him and set it down and it was so precious. Joaquin watched and listened with such focus. Then he did his little head tilt and started doing his little wiggle dance to the music. It was a sweet moment and I had thought to myself that I would have to find something like that for Joaquin. We left San Francisco and our friends and it wasn't until the following day that I needed to get something out of my purse. Lo and behold, in my purse was the Dancing Ladybug music box. Natasha and Stephan had somehow snuck it in my purse so that Joaquin could have it. Thank you again for such a lovely surprise. Joaquin LOVES his music box from Avila.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, that looks like a lot of fun making those ladybugs dance, Joaquin. :-) Love the smile at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is AWESOME! Way to go Joaquin ;)

    Love the music box too...who wouldn't love dancing ladybugs? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ladybug music toy! Joaquin is precious in those little red overalls...I just want to squeeze him~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I just love seeing all the wonderful photos you post. Even more, I absolutely love seeing the videos! Joaquin's smile makes my heart swell :o)

    ReplyDelete