Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

I just got finished feeding Joaquin his breakfast and I thought I would share what he had today.

He nursed around 7 am right when he woke up and then spent the morning playing with his brothers. Yes! He actually plays with Diego and Mateo! In fact, this morning Mateo played "catch" with him by rolling a ball back and forth on the floor for about 30 minutes while I helped Diego with his homework. At 8:30 am, I fed Joaquin his breakfast. I mixed a jar of warm organic applesauce with a couple tablespoons of brown rice cereal, a teaspoon of flaxseed meal, a teaspoon of coconut oil, a few pinches of cinnamon and his morning supplements (Kyo-Dophilus, Folacal, and B12) ground up and mixed so he doesn't notice them. He gobbled it up and finished it off with some water from an open cup and now he is back to playing on the floor with his brothers.

A breakfast of champions! Now...if only his mom would eat as healthy in the morning!!!

6 comments:

  1. So true, Sam eats better then I do. I am jealous you are nursing him. Sam didn't take well to it and I have had 3 neck surgeries and have a metal plate and 6 screws in my neck so do bend my head down while nursing was more painful then the mastitis (sp) I got the first 6 weeks of trying. Your a good Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...you and me both!

    I need to take baby-cooking lesson from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hiding stuff in the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you learn about the supplements to add to the breakfast? I am giving Whitney a multi-vitamin (from Whole Foods) --- is this something you learned from the Institute you go to???
    I hear you on the eating healthy--- Anne is allergic to wheat, eggs & peanuts... I get most of her food at Whole foods and she eats SO healthy - I think I should go on her diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be over for breakfast in the morning :-) What time? Can't wait to see the big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a yummy breakfast!
    You won the houseparty Juicy Juice prize pack! Send me your address when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete